Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Gourmet Triple Dipped Caramel Apples for your Valentine

It was a good day on the farm today. I hemmed some jeans this morning and with the beautiful weather this afternoon I putzed around outside a little bit. I shot my gun, checked out the pens, and wished I had a horse here to ride. With all this spring-like weather I can't wait to get things ready for a horse. The main event however, was doing a test run of these gourmet caramel apples. I have decided to do a little Valentine's Day enterprise of making & selling them.

Here is the full description:
"Granny smith apple smothered in two layers of soft caramel, covered in chocolate, dipped in your choice of topping and drizzled with white chocolate. Delivered on Valentines Day in clear wrapping tied with a ribbon. Includes a decorative tag so it is ready to gift."
I got my caramel making technique down, but my presentation needs a little work. I am going to Fargo this weekend and I will get some more supplies for packaging in order to make them really cute and fun for Valentines Day. They will be $10 each, which is a good deal. Planning to make a limited amount and deliver them in the Carrington area on Tuesday, Feb 14. If there are people from out west who would like to order some, I could probably make an early batch and bring them the weekend of the 11th when I'll be back home. If you are interested in ordering a candy apple please let me know via facebook or email.

My belly hurts from the large amount of sugar I've had today. After my sugar high I think its time for a crash.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks to Beth's tip over on Rhubarb and Venison I'm interested in ordering some apples! Do you have a website to order off of? Do you do mail orders? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kirsti-
    I don't have a website set up to order (this year is a bit of a test run) but I am doing a batch tomorrow and I could send it to you. Please email me at lindsay.ostlie@gmail.com and we can coordinate.
    -Lindsay

    ReplyDelete